NCERT Class 9 Maths Solutions PDF: In this post, we have discussed the solution of the Maths class 9 book which is followed in all CBSE schools. Solutions are given below with proper Explanation and utmost care has been taken to ensure that the solutions are correct. Answers provided will not only help in completing all the assignments but also help students in clearing their concepts. Students can download the solutions by printing the chapters by using the command Ctrl+P in google chrome and saving it in PDF format. All the best !! Please support us by sharing this website with your school friends.
Exercise 13.3 Class 9 Maths Chapter 13 Surface Areas and Volumes
1. Diameter of the base of a cone is 10.5 cm and its slant height is 10 cm. Find its curved surface area.
2. Find the total surface area of a cone, if its slant height is 21 m and diameter of its base is 24 m.
3. Curved surface area of a cone is 308 cm2 and its slant height is 14 cm. Find
(i) radius of the base and (ii) total surface area of the cone.
5. What length of tarpaulin 3 m wide will be required to make conical tent of height 8 m and base radius 6 m? Assume that the extra length of material that will be required for stitching margins and wastage in cutting is approximately 20 cm (Use π = 3.14).
7. A joker’s cap is in the form of a right circular cone of base radius 7 cm and height 24 cm. Find the area of the sheet required to make 10 such caps.
8. A bus stop is barricaded from the remaining part of the road, by using 50 hollow cones made of recycled cardboard. Each cone has a base diameter of 40 cm and height 1 m. If the outer side of each of the cones is to be painted and the cost of painting is ₹12 per m2, what will be the cost of painting all these cones? (Use π = 3.14 and take √1.04 = 1.02)