NCERT Class 9 Maths Solutions PDF: In this post, we have discussed the solution of the Maths class 9 book which is followed in all CBSE schools. Solutions are given below with proper Explanation and utmost care has been taken to ensure that the solutions are correct. Answers provided will not only help in completing all the assignments but also help students in clearing their concepts. Students can download the solutions by printing the chapters by using the command Ctrl+P in google chrome and saving it in PDF format. All the best !! Please support us by sharing this website with your school friends.
Exercise 13.6 Class 9 Maths Chapter 13 Surface Areas and Volumes
1. The circumference of the base of a cylindrical vessel is 132 cm and its height is 25 cm. How many litres of water can it hold? (1000 cm3 = 1l)
2. The inner diameter of a cylindrical wooden pipe is 24 cm and its outer diameter is 28 cm. The length of the pipe is 35 cm. Find the mass of the pipe, if 1 cm3 of wood has a mass of 0.6 g.
3. A soft drink is available in two packs – (i) a tin can with a rectangular base of length 5 cm and width 4 cm, having a height of 15 cm and (ii) a plastic cylinder with circular base of diameter 7 cm and height 10 cm. Which container has greater capacity and by how much?
4. If the lateral surface of a cylinder is 94.2 cm2 and its height is 5 cm, then find
(i) radius of its base (ii) its volume. (Use π = 3.14)
5. It costs ₹2200 to paint the inner curved surface of a cylindrical vessel 10 m deep. If the cost of painting is at the rate of ₹20 per m2, find
(i) inner curved surface area of the vessel,
(ii) radius of the base,
(iii) capacity of the vessel.
6. The capacity of a closed cylindrical vessel of height 1 m is 15.4 litres. How many square metres of metal sheet would be needed to make it?
7. A lead pencil consists of a cylinder of wood with a solid cylinder of graphite filled in the interior. The diameter of the pencil is 7 mm and the diameter of the graphite is 1 mm. If the length of the pencil is 14 cm, find the volume of the wood and that of the graphite.
8. A patient in a hospital is given soup daily in a cylindrical bowl of diameter 7 cm. If the bowl is filled with soup to a height of 4 cm, how much soup the hospital has to prepare daily to serve 250 patients?