NCERT Class 9 Maths Solutions PDF: In this post, we have discussed the solution of the Maths class 9 book which is followed in all CBSE schools. Solutions are given below with proper Explanation and utmost care has been taken to ensure that the solutions are correct. Answers provided will not only help in completing all the assignments but also help students in clearing their concepts. Students can download the solutions by printing the chapters by using the command Ctrl+P in google chrome and saving it in PDF format. All the best !! Please support us by sharing this website with your school friends.
Exercise 13.8 Class 9 Maths Chapter 13 Surface Areas and Volumes
1. Find the volume of a sphere whose radius is
(i) 7 cm (ii) 0.63 m
2. Find the amount of water displaced by a solid spherical ball of diameter
(i) 28 cm (ii) 0.21 m
3. The diameter of a metallic ball is 4.2 cm. What is the mass of the ball, if the density of the metal is 8.9 g per cm3?
4. The diameter of the moon is approximately one-fourth of the diameter of the earth. What fraction of the volume of the earth is the volume of the moon?
5. How many litres of milk can a hemispherical bowl of diameter 10.5 cm hold?
6. A hemispherical tank is made up of an iron sheet 1 cm thick. If the inner radius is 1 m, then find the volume of the iron used to make the tank.
7. Find the volume of a sphere whose surface area is 154 cm2.
8. A dome of a building is in the form of a hemisphere. From inside, it was white-washed at the cost of ₹4989.60. If the cost of white-washing is 20 per square metre, find the
(i) inside surface area of the dome, (ii) volume of the air inside the dome.
9. Twenty seven solid iron spheres, each of radius r and surface area S are melted to form a sphere with surface area S′. Find the
(i) radius r′ of the new sphere, (ii) ratio of S and S′.
10. A capsule of medicine is in the shape of a sphere of diameter 3.5 mm. How much medicine (in mm3) is needed to fill this capsule?