If are you looking for Sxx Calculator then you are at the right place. Ncertbookspdf.com has provided Sxx statistics, Syy statistics, and Sxy statistics online calculators for students.
Sxx is the sum of the squares of the difference between each xx and the mean x value.
SXX is one of the components computed in finding the correlation and regression. It is a measure of variability. It is also known as the sum of squares of the variable x.
Sxy is the sum of the product of the difference between x and its means and the difference between y and its mean.
In statistics, the term “Sxx” typically refers to the sample variance of a set of data. The sample variance is a measure of the spread or dispersion of the data. It is calculated as follows:
- Calculate the mean of the data set.
- For each data point, subtract the mean and square the result.
- Sum the squared differences.
Here’s an example of how to calculate the sample variance using the Sxx formula:
- Suppose we have a data set containing the following five numbers: 2, 4, 6, 8, 10.
- Calculate the mean of the data set: (2 + 4 + 6 + 8 + 10) / 5 = 6
- For each data point, subtract the mean and square the result: (2 – 6)^2 = 16, (4 – 6)^2 = 4, (6 – 6)^2 = 0, (8 – 6)^2 = 4, (10 – 6)^2 = 16
- Sum the squared differences: 16 + 4 + 0 + 4 + 16 = 40
So, the sample variance of this data set is 40 .