In this post, we have discussed the solution of the Maths class 9 book which is followed in all CBSE schools. Solutions are given below with proper Explanation and utmost care has been taken to ensure that the solutions are correct. Answers provided will not only help in completing all the assignments but also help students in clearing their concepts. Students can download the solutions by printing the chapters by using the command Ctrl+P in google chrome and saving it in PDF format. All the best !! Please support us by sharing this website with your school friends.
1. ∆ ABC and ∆ DBC are two isosceles triangles on the same base BC and vertices A and D are on the same side of BC (see Fig. 7.39). If AD is extended to intersect BC at P, show that
(i) ∆ ABD ≅ ∆ ACD
(ii) ∆ ABP≅ ∆ ACP
(iii) AP bisects ∠ A as well as ∠ D.
(iv) AP is the perpendicular bisector of BC.
2. AD is an altitude of an isosceles triangle ABC in which AB = AC. Show that
(i) AD bisects BC (ii) AD bisects ∠ A.
3. Two sides AB and BC and median AM of one triangle ABC are respectively equal to sides PQ and QR and median PN of ∆ PQR (see Fig. 7.40). Show that:
(i) ∆ ABM ≅ ∆ PQN
(ii) ∆ ABC ≅ ∆ PQR
4. BE and CF are two equal altitudes of a triangle ABC. Using RHS congruence rule, prove that the triangle ABC is isosceles.
5. ABC is an isosceles triangle with AB = AC. Draw AP ⊥ BC to show that ∠ B = ∠ C.