In this post, we have discussed the solution of the Maths class 9 book which is followed in all CBSE schools. Solutions are given below with proper Explanation and utmost care has been taken to ensure that the solutions are correct. Answers provided will not only help in completing all the assignments but also help students in clearing their concepts. Students can download the solutions by printing the chapters by using the command Ctrl+P in google chrome and saving it in PDF format. All the best !! Please support us by sharing this website with your school friends.
Exercise 12.1 Class 9 Maths Chapter 12 Heron’s Formula
1. A traffic signal board, indicating ‘SCHOOL AHEAD’, is an equilateral triangle with side ‘a’. Find the area of the signal board, using Heron’s formula. If its perimeter is 180 cm, what will be the area of the signal board?
2. The triangular side walls of a flyover have been used for advertisements. The sides of the walls are 122 m, 22 m and 120 m (see Fig. 12.9). The advertisements yield an earning of ₹5000 per m2 per year. A company hired one of its walls for 3 months. How much rent did it pay?
3. There is a slide in a park. One of its side walls has been painted in some colour with the message “KEEP THE PARK GREEN AND CLEAN” (see Fig. 12.10 ). If the sides of the wall are 15 m, 11 m and 6 m, find the area painted in colour.
4. Find the area of a triangle two sides of which are 18cm and 10cm and the perimeter is 42cm.
5. Sides of a triangle are in the ratio of 12 : 17 : 25 and its perimeter is 540cm. Find its area.
6. An isosceles triangle has a perimeter 30 cm and each of the equal sides is 12 cm. Find the area of the triangle.